Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Windy & Cool It is windy and cool today. I've got a fire going which keeps the house toasty-warm...a little too warm for me sometimes! I just finished reading a book by one of my favorite authors, Sandra Benitez. It was her memoir and what a wonderful story. It is titled bag lady, a Memoir. She is not a bag lady in the way we know bag ladies. She has a medical condition called ulcerative colitis. Sandra has written 4 novels, all of which I've read. I highly recommend her for relaxing, enjoyable reading. In her memoir, Sandra tells about her relationship with her parents. She is very close to them. Both her parents pass on during the telling of her story and it is the passing of her father that reminds me of mine. Dad's birthday is October 25. The second anniversary of his passing is November 11. I miss him very much and I long to hear his voice or one of his stories. He always had something going on that, in telling, had us both laughing. My father was a hard working man and devoted his life to his children. He was very generous, many times housing people who needed a place to stay, raised several of his grandchildren, gave money to those who needed it, and on and on. So while I am sad and miss him, I am happy and thankful I had a father who loved me as much as he did. He gave me everything I need and I am still discovering the many gifts he left to me.

No comments: